Monday, August 25, 2008





I am truly enjoying the changes being made at this old house which is no longer mine. I am so happy to not have the stress and worry over upkeep and am also happy I told Mr. Emswiler he could go ahead and begin changes. I had wondered what I would do this week to keep my mind occupied - I have just about everything packed, no tv, no washer and dryer, no dining table or chairs to entertain, and while I have more than enough food storage, not much left in the fridge to cook at this time. I am reading a lot, and I am invited out to lunch every day this week except Friday, and I have lots of odds and ends to do Friday, but I am entertaining myself when they leave by checking out the changes. It's actually quite fun since I don't have to clean up behind them. I was wondering when I was going to work in cleaning the floors, etc. after we load the truck, but with their mess, who cares! He told me not to plan to do anything - just leave it and that is another of my many, many blessings. Woohoo!

Anyway, to get back on track, you can see where they are fixing a new entrance for the kitchen, moving the washer and dryer area in front of the food storage/bedroom. That will be an office or a small bedroom in the future. They are going to move the attic door to the back of the hall so it will not show from the living area. It is going to be really nice.

No comments: