Wednesday, April 1, 2009

DID IT!


Well, I actually, finally did it. It's time to start using the Metro system. I downloaded the application for a disability card and Jill (from Dr. Horwitz' office) faxed it back to me. So this morning around 9, I said it's time. I drove downtown to 5th Street (near G) and went to the main Metro headquarters, where I waited, went to another area, and waited more. I had to go to an office where they checked the application, ID, medical report, Medicare card, etc. and finally gave me a form stating that I could get a Disability Card. Then I had to go outside and stand in line (26 persons in front of me), and purchase the actual card. From there, I was told to go to a Metro Station and activate it, so I drove to Fort Totten, activated it by putting money in for it, and finally, I was finished. Now I can use it on the rail or bus and it will be half fare. Hope the first of next week is pretty days, for I am going to break it in!

The lower picture is just the tree we stood under while we were in line! It is such a beautiful time of year.