Friday, April 10, 2009

Me, the Metro, & Union Station











OK, I decided to finally do the Metro thing, and chose Union Station as my destination. Cynthia, Nancy, and I went there to a movie years ago, but I thought it would be fun to check it out again. First of all, all parking spots near the Metro were full and I had to pay $4 to park a long way out and walk to the Metro - and I was already tired to begin with. As for Union Station, it is truly beautiful and worth seeing, but all merchandise and food is too expensive for my budget and it was a lot of walking. I would, however, encourage anyone to go take a look around. The people were friendly, the crowds modest for this time of the year, and in all, it was an ok trip. I think now I will go outside and pick up trash in the alley behind my apartment near my driveway and entrance; that will be much more productive. But I did accomplish something - I rode the Metro by myself and made out fine!




No comments: