Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fun Time



Rachel Wixom called me around 1 and wanted to know if I would like to go to the DC Farmer's Market. Of course, I said yes - and told her I would drive. It is on Penn Street - off of New York Avenue and there are blocks of various wholesale stores, lots of t-shirts, hats, DC souvenirs, scarfs, etc. and many food stores beside the Farmer's Market - which I loved!
One of my favorites was the Mexican Fruits store. I actually purchased 2 heads of cabbage, 1 cantaloupe, 8 tangelos, 3 kiwi, 4 lemons, 1 grapefruit, spring onions, 1 zucchini, celery, and 2 Roma tomatoes for $11.00! You have to pick over it carefully to get the good, firm items, but I can do that. They also had bananas, potatoes, onions, and much more - including cactus leaves!
There are fish stores, meat stores, and at the Farmers Market you can purchase any kind of meat and spices you want with lots of fresh fruit also. We did indulge in a most delicious fruit smoothie with fresh pineapple, mango, papaya, strawberries, and banana. Um, um, good.
This is going to be a favorite place for me.

No comments: