Thursday, February 18, 2010

Later - a week and a day after the storm













Well, I got out to go to the Podiatrist this morning, then got stuck coming back in. I was in the alley where I have to turn to go behind the house. What was interesting was the fact that there was a grown man looking from the entrance to the alley - watching every move I made. I walked to the house and got Adam's little metal shovel and was breaking up the ice in front of the four tires when a young man, he looked about 17-18 came walking by. He said "stuck, huh?" I said "yes" (I mean, why would I be digging otherwise) then he said "tough" and kept right on walking. So much for chivalry. After digging twice, I finally got enough traction to get to my driveway. I will go to Sue's tomorrow, so I will see what happens then. I will not do the temple trip tomorrow night though. I would hate to get stuck around 10pm, so I will not take the chance. I hope more melts tomorrow.
The big mound of snow is the corner of Longfellow and First streets. Then there is the alley I came in from Kennedy Street and the last photo is Adam and Cynthia's dug out parking spot and the rest of the street. When they say on tv that DC is in good shape, they definitely mean the main roads!


No comments: