Thursday, September 25, 2008

little shiny lights



I was awake for a while last night, unable to sleep, and began to look at all the little shiny lights in my rooms. There were the light green ones from the computer, a pretty yellow one on the phone showing me it was working, another green one on the smoke detector on the ceiling and bright red ones showing me the time on the clock radio. Going to the restroom, I noticed the pretty blue one on the modem for the TV. All of these lights are a pleasure to me, because it means I have nice things to enjoy, but during the night it reminded me of a childhood game we use to play called 1,2,3 Red Light. In this game one person was "it" and all other persons would line up advancing when the person who was "it" gave the green light, covered their eyes, then rapidly yelled out 1,2,3 Red Light. Everyone would then have to halt abruptly, or if caught moving when the "it" person opened their eyes, they were sent to the beginning line to start over. The first person reaching home, or the finish line became "it" for the next game. It was so simple, so fun, and the memories were great.

No comments: