Friday, September 12, 2008

Official Washingtonian



I am truly a full fledged resident of Washington, DC now. I spent a great deal of my time today getting the car inspected, visiting Social Security to get a copy of my number certified, and getting a driver's license and registering the car and getting tags. I also am registered here to vote. My most fun today, however, was with Wachovia bank. I went in last week and ordered new checks with an up to date address. I received them a couple of days ago, but did not really check them until last night. Even though I watched the manager fill out the application for the checks correctly, there was one minor mistake. All the information was printed correctly except they had the city and state listed as Washington, NY, 20011. The bank manager was not too happy with such a silly mistake, but I think it is funny. Anyway, he has ordered me new checks to replace them. All in all it has been a great day.

No comments: